Health and Safety Awareness Module
On January 14, 2014, the ministry of labour released new training (reg. 297/13) to help protect workers and supervisors on the job. This MANDATORY awareness training is meant to prevent workplace incidents and injuries, by reminding everyone of the roles, rights and responsibilities in the workplace.
Who Completes Awareness Training?
All Employees in Ontario (except those who have completed supervisory training).
- Therefore Local 493 will be implementing the following training to adhere to the regulation;
- Those who complete their WHMIS online, will also be directed to go to http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/hs/training/index.php
- If this link does not work, then you can go to www.google.ca and search “Health and Safety Awareness Module”
- The first link should bring you to the Ontario Ministry of Labour website and you can choose either training for workers or training for supervisors
- Once complete save your certificate to your desktop, and email it to email@example.com
- Await a wallet sized card in the mail
For those members who attend yearly WHMIS winter courses, it is now mandatory that we include the health and safety awareness modules at the same time.