Enhancements to your group benefit plan
Effective Jan 1, 2016
We are pleased to announce that we have been able to implement a new eligibility continuance option for members that would like to remain active in their group benefits during periods in which your eligibility bank has been depleted.
- This new option will commence on January 1, 2016.
- You will be required to contribute to the Local 493 Welfare Trust Fund the amount of $237.60 (220.00 plus 17.60 RST) for each month you wish to continue eligibility.
- There is a 3 month maximum on eligibility continuance per calendar year.
- Payment must be received by our office prior to the 20th day of the month prior to the month in which benefits are to be remain active.
(example – if making contributions to the plans to remain active in November, you must remit payment by Oct 20).
- In order to qualify for eligibility continuance, you MUST be active in your eligibility bank from employer remittances in the month prior to opting to make your own contribution.
(If your benefits have expired, you do NOT qualify for eligibility continuance).
- It is the member’s responsibility to be aware of your eligibility bank. You can contact our office at any time to check on eligibility.
Please feel free to contact our Benefits Office for any questions or concerns:
705-805-5601 or 1-855-942-9937