We are pleased to announce Improvements to your benefit plan!
Effective July 1, 2016
1. The Cap on your dispensing fees has been increased from $7 to $10.
2. Medical Supplies are expanded for Retired Members to the same coverage as Active
(check with our office or Manulife customer service to see if your need is covered – the list is extensive) Keep in mind that many of these supplies are covered by OHIP first.
3. Hearing Aids for Retired Members are now covered at $500 every 36 months (was $300)
4. Paramedical Coverage of $750 per year remains the same but more services have been added.
*You use any of the following combined services to a total maximum of $750.00 per year:
Chiropractor, Osteopath, Naturopath, Podiatrist,/Chiropodist, Acupuncture Therapist, Psychologist, Speech Therapist, Physiotherapist, Massage Therapist (Physician referral required) and Correactology (licenced CHCP Practitioners)
5. Dental Coverage will now paid at 80% co-insurance at current year fee guide for Specialty Practitioners as well as General Practitioners. Implants are also covered within your dental coverage.
6. Overage Dependent Children will now be covered to the age of 25 for those enrolled in full time studies.
*Please note, you will need to notify us in the benefit office with proof of dependent’s enrolment in school as their coverage will terminate on their 22nd birthday.
YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR BENEFITS AS OUTLINED ON PGS 3-6 IN THE BENEFIT BOOKLET.
THIS CAN VIEWED ON OUR WEBSITE AT www.local493.com/benefits.
It is your responsible to know when you are covered!
Should you have any questions, give us a call at 705-805-5601 or toll free at 855-942-9937